Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rights

In the United States you have the right to:
-remain silent
-free speech
-religion

In Australia you have the right to:
-Coffee
-Tea

Coffee and tea are such a big part of life here, that it is practically a human right. There is a coffee shop everywhere you look, more than there are Starbucks in the States, and I have only seen one Starbucks since I have been here. At my new job, there is a coffee machine that makes lattes and cappuccinos(none of our drip coffee stuff :(). Not only that but they have a wide selection of teas as well. The kitchen here offers snacks, the snacks cost, but the drinks are free. It is perfectly acceptable at any point in the day to just go and get a warm beverage from the kitchen. So I think I might just grab myself some morning tea.
-From the land of tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment