Now this was to be no ordinary dress, (well actually maybe, but in my mind everything always needs to be perfect and fit many different situations,) I had so many requirements and plans for this dress. Initially, the dress was purchased to wear at a fancy dress dinner for James' ship, hence the navy blue. However, due to sea schedules or something I can't remember at this point, the fancy dress dinner was not destined to be. The dress then had ongoing plans for a nice night at the theatre, but with work and school conflicts the dress moved further back in the wardrobe (well, not really considering I have a very small wardrobe in my room that does not allow for much movement of clothing, I am merely exaggerating for the sake of descriptive writing.) The dress then had a much more important and formal event to attend, James friends wedding in Malaysia. Alas still the dress was not meant to be due to the inflexibility of the navy and leave dates, so we could not attend, (shout out to Mr. and Mrs. Radford, sorry we couldn't be there it would have been lovely to meet you, p.s. I have been told that Mr. Radford reads my blog so a special shout out to him.) After all these cancellations the dress had started to feel unloved, and I thought that my love affair with the dress was just not destined to be. Until....drumrolllll...I actually got to wear the dress! A rare day was presented by the dress gods; both James and I could attend Wicked! The musical was fantastic, the performers were phenomenal, the singing exquisite, and the stage beautiful (a word of advice, don't read the book before seeing the play, as with most things the story in the book is so elaborate that there is no way to fit it into a short performance.)
Let me present you the main event of the hour...the blue dress:
I hope for many more happy years with this dress (figure and portion control permitting.)
I was fortunate to see this dress live..You look gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Can I borrow it?