Wednesday, October 14, 2009

34th Official Australian Blog Post

Wait a second, not only is this my 34th official blog post in Australia, it may possibly be my 34th official blog post ever. Yes, in fact, I have never had a blog so I would say that is pretty good to have done 34 posts in three months. Now I know that 34 if the often forgotten about and rarely celebrated anniversary number, however, I am sure it may be the least appreciated but somehow most important anniversary. How you may ask, well I am not exactly sure, I just happened to see that I had 33 posts and therefore, this would be my 34th and I thought that was quite a few, ok my reasoning is not sound, but let's not focus on that. For the sake of this post just pretend that my wacky reasoning is valid.

As a celebration of the 34th post and in tradition with all 34th anniversaries, I will do a recapitulation of my stay here thus far in Australia, it's highs, lows, and all the highlights. Ok just to be cynical I googled 34th anniversary themes thinking that as a joke some smart ass would have posted a silly theme like 34th anniversary=the channel changer year. Instead, they actually have the 34th anniversary classified as the Opal year, and have suggestions on how to buy opals for the anniversary. I am sure it is some marketing scheme (I should know, I am an expert now, ha.) Well I digress on that topic and I am changing the 34th anniversary to the recapitulation anniversary. Now that I have that out of the way, let me proceed.

Ahem....beginning recapitulation:

July 17th:Left from Denver, CO.
High-Excitement of a new adventure Low: Traffic accident.
July 19th arrived Sydney, Australia.
High- Seeing James and having the plane ride over with. Low-Seeing how dirty my apartment was.
July 20-26 Figuring it out.
High-meeting new people and my great American friends, enrolling in classes, seeing the campus. Low-None
July 27-August 2 Time to start classes.
High- Starting classes and feeding my hunger for knowledge. Low-Being scared by linguistic analysis.
August 3-9 Settling in.
High, interview for job and buying a drip coffee pot. Low-None.
August 10-16 Feeling the footy.
High-Australian Rules footy game. Low-None.
August 17-25 Attempting to drive.
High-Driving on the wrong side of the road. Low-Driving on the wrong side of the road.
August 31-September 6 I am hired, but Mr. Spider you are fired.
High-Officially got the job! Low-First huntsman of the season.
September 14-20 Let's go to candy mountain.
High-Finding the Unicorn Hotel. Low-None.
September 21-27 Lot's of excitement.
High-Couples function on James' ship, the red dust storm, and the beginning of mango season. Low-None, can;t complain about that.
October 5-11 Sailing the high seas.
High-sailing with James' ship. Low-getting sea sick.

And end recapitulation and celebration of the anniversary of my 34th blog post. I shall now go celebrate sleep in the land of tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment