Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Week of Aussie Sweet Treats Followed by a Weekend of Rain

Well, I am sitting here on Sunday (aka tomorrow) and it has finally stopped raining for the first time since Friday. I would be very interested to know how much rain Sydney has received in the last two days. I guess that is small potatoes compared to the weather/natural phenomenoms some parts of the world have been facing in the last few days.

Well regardless of the rain ,this week was my Spring Break and I spent the week trying new Aussie treats. here are a few highlights.


We went on a beautiful walk from Coogee beach to Bondi beach. As you can see it was so beautiful that I am literally jumping for joy:


Once we arrived in Bondi we sampled some local cuisine aka, fish and chips. It was absolutely delectable. Yum Yum Yum, makes me hungry just thinking about it.


Later that day I tried the great Australian treat.....the Golden Gay Time! Yes, that is actually what it is called, and boy oh boy does your mouth feel gay (happy) after enjoying one of these scrumptious creations.


A Golden Gaytime's deliciousness is found in the fantastic layer after layer of flavour explosion. This is vanilla ice cream surrounded by honeycomb ice cream, dipped in chocolate, dipped in honeycomb cookie crumbles. If my tongue could it would wave a rainbow flag in support it sure would, yes I went there, I just could not help myself. Avoiding that that joke wouldn't have been harder if the joke were written on the popsicle stick this Gaytime came on. But I digress,...haha, snicker, snicker, gaytime...haha


Later this week at work I tried a Caramello Koala. This is essentially a giant Rolo or Caramello bar but in a more Australian appropriate shape.....a koala.


While it was delicious the superstition with this candy was far more interesting than it was tasty. My Aussie co-workers informed me that if the candy was placed in the same direction as the printing on the package it signified good luck, if it were pointing in the opposite direction, it was bad luck. I dared to ask if it were pointing the other direction and was therefore bad luck did that mean you would not eat it, this was met by a quick, "of course you eat it" reply.

Well in the land of tomorrow I need to go get some exercise to work off all these delicious Aussie treats.

1 comment:

  1. :) hahaha you are silly!
    We have Caramello Bears at home... they best when you eat off the ears, then the feet, then the head... then savoir the caramel filled stomach yum yum yum!
    hahahhaha

    ReplyDelete