Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Down Under

I have been having a hard time getting that "Christmas spirit" feeling. Not because I am grumpy or a scrooge...I think it is just because the weather is not changing into a cold and snowy wonderland. Right now I am surely not, "walking in a winter wonderland," there are definitely not possibilities to, "in the meadow we can build a snow man," and I will surely not, "dream by the fire." Because it is summer, and at times it gets so hot, that I cannot sleep. All of the Christmas advertisements show little girls helping to decorate the Christmas tree in sun dresses, which always makes me laugh. Anyways, James and I decided to try and get into the Christmas spirit by putting up a tree. It sure did help. But all the snowy Christmas songs still sound a bit silly, when I look out his window and see the ocean. Here is the result of our handy work:

We think we did pretty good, don't ya think? How is the weather in yesterday land? A little more Christmasy?

1 comment:

  1. In Colorado, it's snowing and we are freezing our butts off!!!

    ReplyDelete