Thursday, December 3, 2009

Trains, Planes and Automobiles, with an Addition of Boats and Buses, and Lots and Lots of Walking

I had originally intended for the theme of Blaise's visit to be something such as: summer, down under, beach, or harbour time. However, reflecting on her visit I now see a very clear theme: transportation. While she was here we used nearly ever mode of transportation known to man and on more than two wheels. First there was a taxi to get her from the airport, James drove us one day, the subway, then there were the non-stop buses every single day. So many that it became a joke and Blaise even felt the need to capture a photo of us on the bus:




We took ferrys and boats, of course I had to imitate the joke Saturday Night Live song, "I am on a boat," if you have not seen it, YouTube it. So I was showing off my flippy floppys on a boat



We took a plane to cairns, but failed to document that. However, once we were there we took an old fashioned train ride through the beautiful rainforest to this little hippie town called Kurunda. As you can see we entertained ourselves on the ride back down by taking photos:




And then there was the walking, oh the great amount of walking. by the time Blaise left we both had blisters on our feet. I bet that in the ten days she was here we walked about 50 miles or more. Don't get me wrong we were always on our way to do something fun and exciting, but we got tired occasionally, resulting in loopy photos such as:

"I am so tired, I think I will just take a nap right here"

...and this...

"I don't need a nap I swear, I always act like this."
We had an absolutely fantastic time and experienced so many great things, so I do not mean to seem like I am complaining, but boy oh boy, I never realised what work it is to transport oneself, without a car.




















No comments:

Post a Comment