Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Yep I beat you to that one too. In case you are waking up this 1st morning of 2010 with feelings of trepidation, about whether there might be a repeat of Y2k I am here to assure you that the first day of the new year has gone off without a hitch. Everything is working, the computers have not assumed that we have gone back to the stone age and all is well.

James and I opted for a more low key celebration this year celebrating instead at home with yummy seafood, movies, games, and watching the fireworks on TV (I know this is silly but you don't realize that fireworks on not flat and that they instead explode into a ball until you have seen an aerial view, also the fireworks were synced with music that you could only really hear on TV, so that was neat to see as well.) So we were spared of the New Years Day hangover. However, as I made my way home today at nearly 3pm, I got a sense that the whole city seemed to be throbbing with a giant booze induced headache. I cannot count the number of girls that I saw on the bus and through the city walking around in last nights party outfit, holding their heels. The city seemed dead and quiet, the buses were few and far between. I even saw a cockroach meandering in what appeared to be a drunken stupor of a hangover along the sidewalk.

Well whether you celebrated the new year today or tomorrow, I know it will be a good one so:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment