Greetings,
For all of you non-Aussie familiars I am about to introduce some new Aussie slang. The budgee smuggler is what we would call banana hammock, or a Speedo. Wearing Speedos here is definitely more prevalent than in the United States. Especially, at the pool that I have started swimming laps at. Thankfully, this is not like at the beach in Mexico when you look over the beautiful horizon and right smack in the middle of the scenery is some over-weight hairy man spilling over his Speedo (yes, you are welcome for that visual, I know it is pretty.) Regardless, I excuse the use of the speedo when it is for fitness purposes, even though I am still not its biggest fan. However, today I had a thought that I hope I never have to have again...."I really wish that were a budgee smuggler."
As I was going about my fitness routine and swimming laps in a decently crowded lane, I found myself behind a man in a bright blue suit and a bright blue cap. As I am swimming behind him (he is doing the breast stroke, which unfortunately is already a fairly exposing stroke when seeing it behind,) anyways, as he is swimming I keep thinking, "man, that guy has a major wedgie." The further down the pool I get the more I wonder why he hasn't tried to fix it, that looks painful. It was some point about 10 seconds past that thought when I thought I might choke on the water and drown......THE GUY WAS WEARING A THONG. Seriously?!? If someone can explain that thought process, hmmmm I really want to go swim some laps in a public pool, maybe I should wear a thong so that I can expose myself to everyone and get a nice tan on my butt. I wanted soooo badly to turn to someone in my lane and ask if I was crazy or if he was really wearing a thong, I did not in fear that someone was with him, but the temptation was very real. For the rest of the work out I would have to take 'breathers' just to make sure he was far enough away that I would not have to laugh myself across the pool swimming behind him.
The moral of the story is:
Please, for the greater good of man kind, do not, I repeat, do not wear a thong when swimming for fitness.
Well as long as that visual is out of our heads, I am sure you will have a wonderful yesterday and I will have a great tomorrow.
Friday, March 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment