My Tuesdays are now a bit hectic with my work and then class. Because of the wonderful Sydney public transport system(insert heavy sarcasm) I am not home until 10pm at night. My favourite part about the public transport is how much 15 minutes can change the entire timing. On my first day I left at 8:10am to be to my work at 9:00, as suggested by the trip planner provided. Instead of the plan going in accordance with the
planner's suggestions, I watched as 6 crammed buses drove past and were too full to stop. The moral of the story is I had to catch a taxi to the train station and then squeeze on to just squeeze into work right on time. So the next day I left at 7:55 to have more time to watch the full buses pass, but leaving 15 minutes earlier means that no one has left yet, so I got straight on the bus and was to work at least 30 minutes early. Oh the wonders of 15 minutes. On a lighter note, I am really enjoying the job (well, the whole two days I have had of it, but I expect to continue to enjoy it as I continue to work.) On Tuesdays I have to go straight to the loony bin right after work. (No not because I am nutty, how many times do I have to tell you I am not that crazy.) This is for my class. The one great thing about the loony bin (aka-the abandoned psych hospital remodelled to be the Sydney College of Arts) is that there is a beautiful park in front of the building. So I sat and ate my yummy steak sandwich for dinner in the park (note to self, yes, I like beet root on things however, if needing to eat this in public or on the go, not a good idea unless I want purple everywhere.)

The park is full of stretches of grass, beautiful views of the city and wonderful trees.
The front of the loony bin, admissions are straight through the front doors.

The other good thing about being at the loony bin for a night class (no, not the creepiness or the ability to film a scary movie,) is that the sun sets beautifully over the palm trees.
I hope everyone is enjoying a nice, pleasant, and sane yesterday, other wise I may have to take you to class (cough, cough I mean my "appointments") at the loony bin.
No comments:
Post a Comment