Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Brrrrrrrrr?

Soooooo... even though many of you in the Northern Hemisphere may be experiencing the change from Winter to Summer (with the exception of the manic summer/snowy days of Colorado,) it is turning into 'Winter' here in the Southern Hemisphere. If you notices I have specifically labeled the term 'Winter' using quotes, for the purpose of this blog I shall continue to do so. It is now well past the sweltering days of summer and some of the leaves are departing the trees, however, it is far from being cold or even 'Winter'. Most days it is still weather acceptable to throw on a tank top and flip-flops(please don't forget pants either, they were implied in the statement, but I don't want anyone walking around committing a social taboo) with a sweater just in case. The sun is still out and the birds are chirping. As a matter of fact yesterday it got to a very nice 26 C(so using the simple trick of x2 add...oh who am I kidding google here I come) that would be 78.8F. Yet still when I was walking to work and it was a little cooler, maybe around 60F, everyone was all bundled up like it was 'Winter' in their pea coats and scarves. It made me giggle a bit. Then talking to my roommate about the upcoming chilly weather the next day, a freezing high of 19C(aka a chilly 66F), she began to nearly shiver at the thought.

On that same note it is a little under 50F right now, and since we don't have any heating and I am a hypocrite I am a bit cold. So I am going to throw on another blanket and think about buying some cute boots to wear during this 'Winter' season.

No comments:

Post a Comment