Let me first say that I have been attempting to post a blog for a few days right now. It features a video...and my wonderful firewall blocked university Internet is making it impossible to upload the blog. So as soon as I can I shall find some other Internet source so that I can make your video dreams come true(OK so they might be my video dreams, but hey at least you will be able to watch.)
Now on the real business of the blog. Last night, was an interesting night at the pub. With my friend Louise we met at the same place and both of us were accompanied by our flatmates....unfortunately our flatmates were accompanied by other groups... Louise is my most open and honest straight shooting Dutch friend (let's never mind the part about her being my only Dutch friend, because she is still the most straight shooting friend I have.) At some point in the evening, I witnessed something I never expected to see...a person able to get under her skin. After a long drawn out argument over whether Amsterdam should really be the capital of Holland we decided to excuse ourselves and meet up with her flatmate and his group of crazy French friends.
Not but 30 seconds after meeting them the French Inquisition of 2010 began. Every possible question about America was fired at me from all angles (literally standing in a circle with 7 French guys and all of them asking me questions simultaneously.) They wanted to know: who the Denver Nuggets were, if the Rocky Mountains were really rocky, whether I skied or snow boarded(man oh man were they disappointed when I said neither,) if I liked Obama or Bush, was I Democrat or Republican, why was Colorado shaped like a square, were there Amish in Colorado, was I Amish. Well never to worry Lacey the International Relations Superhero has solved all of the mystery's of the French Inquisition of 2010. You will be happy to know that the French now know that. Colorado is in fact actually the entire United States, contrary to popular belief our continent is just one big square that is Colorado. The Denver Nuggets were named after McDonald's Chicken McNuggets. The Rockies are indeed rocky, as well as a baseball team. I was not in fact Amish, but instead of a lesser known religion called Squamish. That Colorado was square because it was previously stored in box before being ratified as a state in 1876. But most importantly I also told them they are now called freedom fries and not French fries...so yeah, look who told them.
Needless to say Louise and I sadly had to part ways as she did not feel like any more debate on the capital of Holland, and I needed to escape the French Inquisition of 2010.
Don't worry I shall go on to spread the true word of the great and mighty United States of Colorado...well at least when I feel overwhelmed by accents and rapid fire questions (damn my security blanket called sarcasm.)
Signing out from the future, may the force be with you.
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My dearest one and only squamish friend. I do not think there is anyone else that could have told this story any better. I salute you! And.. my throat hurts, did I really scream that much to our o-so-lovely new Australian male friend? I hope so :) It was worth it!
ReplyDelete