G'day!
Well as many of you know, I am currently residing in tomorrow. I thought I would enlighten you what my days are like. (please note that I currently have a job offer but the start date has obviously happened....so I have a lot of free time.)
7:30AM- My alarm goes off....
7:31AM-I push snooze because there is really no hurry for me to get up since I don't have class until five.
8:00AM-I figure that I have to get up because by this point, the snooze must not only be annoying me after having gone off three times and I do not want to face a mutiny from my roommates. So I open my blinds to force light in and finally wake me up.
8:00-8:15-I decide what I am going to have for breakfast while I turn my computer on and either make a pot of coffee or a cup of tea.
8:30ish-Eat my breakfast most commonly it is either: two pieces of peanutbutter toast with banana, or cereal with a banana, or oatmeal with a banana. I am starting to see a banana theme here....hmmmmm
8:30-about 11AM-I check my email, read the news and usually chat with at least one or two people on skype....and they all have to deal with my morning hair, they just need to be thankful that they don't have to suffer from my morning breath.
11:00AM-Set off to walk to the gym
11:08AM-This is about the point where I pass the dead bat hanging from a tree at a nearby park...still gives me a bit of a fright. I would like to take a picture, but I am a little afraid that it will suddenly wake up and attack me, even though it has been in the same spot and position for a week straight now.
12 or 12:30PM-Leave the gym and seek out nutrients
12:30-4:40PM-This part is not as structured but between this time I fight my attention span to clean my room, do my reading for school and avoid internet distractions (such as this :) I also shower and get ready at some point during this span.
4:40PM-Walk to class.
5:00PM-7:00Pm-Class. Tonight's class is Exploring Historical Formats, we talk about all the different mediums used to discuss and learn history. Everything from oral history, to a historical video game (last class I got to teach the aussies the wonderful historical video game called "Oregon Trail.") This class is very informal and we always have a guest speaker. It is held in a conference room so everyone just sits around and chats. Oh yeah, and the teacher always brings wine. He also brings juice for the non-wine drinkers. My favourite part is when someone says no to the wine he always says, "Ahh your body is a temple, good on you. But mine is not can I have some of that white 'juice'" (obviously referring to the white wine)
7:00PM-Go out and find trouble, well not really. And I don't always get done in only two hours, on those nights I just go home and go to bed. But usually on Thursdays we do go out and do something fun. Tonight my friend is hosting trivia at a local bar, we are going to play and she is going to 'help' us with the answers, hopefully we can win free dinner!
When it is bed time, I then get to try to sleep through all the screaming drunken idiots outside my window.
Well, that is my very mundane day, for now that is, hopefully it will feel more useful once I start my job. I guess that is fitting, a mundane blog for a mundane day. But it is beautiful and it's only 2pm, maybe I will go sit outside and procrastinate reading there :)
Have a wonderful yesterday!
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment