Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Left is Right and Right is Wrong

"Left is right and right is wrong," usually this saying is used to help guys get their ears pierced. Left is straight, right is gay. I may disagree with the latter part of the statement, but I digress, because that is not the point of my post.

Nope, I am not getting my ear pierced and I am also not encouraging James to get his pierced either. (However, I do encourage him to wear the eye patch and clip on earing I gave him when he has to go on duty of 'pirate watch'). Instead this is what I will be saying to myself when I attempt to drive. I think I may finally try this weekend, it may only be around the block or windy set of roads near James' house, but I think that merely climbing into the drivers seat might be a personal victory for me. I am definitely becoming more accustomed to looking right left right when crossing the street instead of the "Stop, Look (left-right-left), Listen" that was ingrained into our young minds. Also, the thought of their left turns being equivalent to our right turns and our right turns being equivalent to our left turns is starting to boggle my mind less and less each day. James says that it is very intuitive once you are sitting in the drivers seat, but we shall seat about that one, yes we will.

I will keep you updated about the actual adventure once it happens, but until then wish me luck :)

Have a nice yesterday, it is a nice tomorrow (a little cloudy, but it will do.)

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck!
    When I drive I (the driver's side) make sure I am in the middle/median of the road... if you, the driver are against the sidewalk (one way streets excluded) YOU ARE ON THE WRONG SIDE! hahahah

    ReplyDelete