Well, I have done it. I have driven on the wrong side of the road. Surprisingly being on the wrong side of the road seemed to be the least of my worries...
In all fairness, I have not driven for over a month, so even driving seems a bit foreign to me. James has to park on an intense hill, and you have to keep the foot brake on, take the parking brake off, and then give it gas while you have your foot on the break to get it started. Well I did that all well and good, but I forgot to put the car in drive, that sure gave James a laugh, I just felt like an idiot. anyways I finally drove off the hill and was about to attempt my first left hand turn (like a right hand turn at home) so it should have not been that hard. I attempted to put the signal on to turn left and the windshield wipers went crazy. Those cheeky buggers went and put the windshield wiper controller where I needed the turn signal. I finally found the turn signal on the other side of the steering wheel (aka right hand side.) And I turned! Hooray, then I had to start merging. Being on the wrong side of the road was not the part that felt wrong. The part that felt wrong was where I am used to the car ending it goes onto a passenger side, and where I am used to the car being bigger it stops.... Thankfully James was patient and calm and would say things like, "tons of room on this side babe," or, "You're getting close, honey,...very close on this side." Halfway to the super market, and the windshield wipers were still on slowly, I finally got them off, then I made a right turn (left turn for U.S. readers) and even used the turn signal correctly, hooray! When I finally made it to the parking garage, I even parked successfully! Go me!
However, the excitement of driving sure tired me out and by the time we were done at the grocery store, I no longer had the energy to drive back, thankfully I had James. Man I have never felt so exhausted from a 10 block road trip before. I may lie down and have a nap now, I am getting tired just writing about it.
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment