Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Life at Hogwarts

While many of you might have been under the impression that I have gone to school in Australia at the University of Sydney, I must confess that I have actually escaped to Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Hogwarts has definitely been exaggerated in the movies, there is no whomping willow, invisible horse carriages, and most unfortunate of all there is no sorting hat. I have been forced to decide my path of study for myself. However, Hogwarts that is cleverly disguised as The University of Sydney does still look just as beautiful as you can see above. Also, the halls of these great building are filled with oil painting of old head masters and beautiful stained glass. I have only been able to capture them still, but I am determined to capture them in motion soon.

Also, much like the forbidden forest surrounding Hogwarts there are many large spiders that frolic about.

I hope that I don't encounter any of these such spiders falling from trees when I am walking back from my classes late in the evening. I do think I may have to become friends with Aragog in return for protection from them.

As my final piece of proof that I am indeed at Hogwarts, not Sydney Uni: everyone dresses in black. It seems a bit taboo to wear anything with color. I think this is just a wizard code of sorts that everyone wears black civilian clothing in order to fit in, yet not alarm the muggles.

I do hope that I get a broomstick flying lesson soon. Well I best be off to Potions, Snape gives the nastiest of looks to those who are late.


No comments:

Post a Comment