Sunday, September 13, 2009

Yo' Mama Jokes, Really?

I am not sure if I have actually had a good nights rest since arriving in Australia, maybe one or two, but that is about it. Last night I tried to go to bed early since I had my job today (11pm, so maybe just earlyish.) The people outside my window did not become quiet enough to really fall asleep until 1AM. It was very hot yesterday, low 90's so I was trying to sleep with my window open, because my room was miserable and hot. Well at 3:45, I am woken up by laughter and yelling. I cannot make out what people are actually saying, but they are having a good time. I try to fall back asleep, but, they just get louder once someone gets offended and I hear....

"ARE YOU SERIOUS YOU ARE MAD ABOUT YO' MAMA JOKES?"

"I DON'T APPRECIATE THEM"

I didn't hear the next part but it was quite clear that another Yo' Mama joke was told because the person yelled back after the other takes offense:

"OH COME ON THEY ARE JUST YO' MAMA JOKES, YOU ARE GONNA GET MAD ABOUT YO' MAMA JOKES?!"

This continues for at least 5 more minutes, just banter about Yo' Mama Jokes. The joke teller doesn't catch a clue and stop doing it. The joke hearer can't figure out that maybe they should just leave. They are both either quite dense or quite drunk. I am going to vote for both. At this point I am mad, and tired, and grumpy, I just want to sleep. However, I have a feeling that me yelling is just going to add fuel to the already blazing fire. So I instead get a cold wet towel for my feet, shut my window and put the blanket over my head.

If something is going to wake me up in the middle of the night, I would appreciate, if it were more of a pressing issue than Yo' Mama Jokes....

No comments:

Post a Comment