Sunday, November 29, 2009

Screens are for Wussys but I am a Wussy...

In Australia screens seem to be overrated. No one I know has screens on their windows, including me. This lack of screenage however, leads to an abundance of insect wildlife. As many of you know I am not fond of spiders, and this allows them in. The spiders are not the biggest problem currently. It has been very hot in Sydney, so hot that even with my fan blowing "cool" air in from my open window at night, I still cannot sleep. The open window at night also allows one of my favourite creatures into my room....mosquitos, or as they call them here mozzies. I am not even sure how many bites I have after a couple of these nights trying to sleep. I have found out that Tea Tree Oil is quite good for the itching, but at this point I may as well take a bath in it...if only I had a bath tub. The moral of the story is that, even though in Australia screens may be for wimps, I am a wimp and I am going to fashion myself a good 'ol U.S. of A. screen for my window.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment