Monday, October 26, 2009

Thank You to the Service Men and Women Around the World

I had intended this Tuesday morning blog post to enlighten everyone about my trip to Canberra. However, more important things have arisen. I will derail from my slightly goofy and cynical typical blog style to a more appropriate somber attitude.

Yesterday, 14 American soldiers were killed in Afghanistan, the most in one single day in over four years. One of these proud service men was unfortunately one of my good friends brothers. She is here in Australia studying and I can't imagine what her and her family are going through. I might physically be in Australia but my heart goes out to these families and service men. I would like to take a moment to thank all of the service men and women around the world supporting our freedom and our government (and our allied forces.) Whether or not we agree with the initiatives and wars we must keep in mind that these men and women are serving our country so that we can remain free and keep the liberties afforded to us and we owe them our eternal gratitude and support.

There is no way to adequately express our grief and gratefulness other than to say:
Thank you for everything you do, we stand by you and support you.

No comments:

Post a Comment