Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving in the Land Down Under

Well Happy Turkey Day everyone!!!!

I had the pleasure of celebrating this day, one day before everyone else back at home :)- Blaise and I in line with the Thanksgiving day tradition took the liberty of gorging ourselves all day. First we went to the fish markets and got a platter of lobster, shrimp, oysters, scallops, and octopus, and then we made a dinner.

Blaise and I had my friend Mike over for our make-shift Thanksgiving meal. I made mashed potatoes, stuffing, and bought a rotisserie chicken. Hey I know it is not even the same bird, but it was simple and I don't really have an oven. Mike brought over a pecan tart for us. We even went around the table and said what we were thankful for. It was nice, different but nice. It was odd to not be in the company of real family, and it was odd to celebrate it on a day where it was over 90 degrees. However, in true Thanksgiving day style the end result was the same....aka super full tummy.

I hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving and I miss you all and wish I could be celebrating with you yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment