This zoo is a set on the beautiful harbour and overlooks all of Sydney. See what I mean this is Blaise and I waiting for the bird to show and enjoying the lightening show going on in the Harbour and city.
Obviously Blaise wanted to see Australian Animals, and of course I did as well. I can never get over how those Kangaroos and Wallaby's walk on "all 5's" (aka they use their tail as well.) She also liked the Koalas, which were cute and just relaxing in the trees. My favourite were the Elephants, and they have a little baby Elephant right now...sooooooo cute.
See see see! How cute is that, I told you so :)
It was a great time but let me get to the two morals of this post:
1. Spiders love me, even despite my extreme hatred for them. Damn you Aragog, damn you!
During our day at the zoo, I was attacked by 3, yes, three spiders. There was the one that crawled on my neck during lunch and Blaise had to carefully pick it from my jugular. Then there were the two who as I was observing maps just decided to repel to my face level and pointing hands. I just imagine Aragog sending his soldiers out and laughing while he watches them torture me. Maybe I just need to start liking spiders so that they leave me alone!
2. I think that the Taronga Zoo only has an alleged Platypus.
I have now been to the Taronga Zoo two times since being in Sydney, and both times I have made it my own mission to see they platypus. They have to be the oddest creatures in the world, and I want to see one. Plus the logo for the zoo even has one see:
Now because their logo incorporates the animal and they have about 10 different viewing zones for this animal, it is logical to think that one might actually see a Platypus while at the zoo. After the first time of not seeing Mr. Platypus I vowed that, "one day I shall get you Mr. Platypus." But after this trip to the zoo I have had a revelation.....I don't really think there is a platypus. At every single one of their many "platypus" viewing stations there is also a sign that says something like, "Don't see the platypus? They are shy, they may be somewhere else with less people, or hiding in shady waters." So I figure they don't actually have one and they are covering themselves by telling everyone it is somewhere else than where they are, "oh, dang you just missed him." Yeah, well this is not as easy as pulling the, "oh no I killed my roommates beta fish, I better replace it trick." I will see a platypus there...or else!...or else what, I have not figured it out, however, I am determined to get some answers.Well Blaise and I are exhausted from our other adventures check back tomorrow for some more, well actually today, but your tomorrow, oh well you get the point.
No comments:
Post a Comment