OK "platypus" update. As you know I have long been sleuthing out this so called "platypus" that Australia claims to have. Most recently Cassi claimed to have seen one in the wild, I prefer to be a realist and call it what it really was, black magic.
Well, after her supposed sighting of the "platypus" I decided to do my own reconnaissance at the zoo aka the original scenes of the missing "platypus" crime. Well at the zoo, I did indeed see a "platypus." It did indeed appear to have the tail of a beaver, the bill of a duck, the fur of a mammal and swim like a fish. I did not see it lay any eggs or stab anything with its poisonous claw so I cannot attest for those myths. I would love to show you the "proof" of the "platypus" however, every picture I tried to take turned out blurry. Either the zoo just puts optical illusions up so that no one can really be certain it is a platypus, or it is just a movie clip being played of the mythical creature swimming round and round. You see at the zoo, the "platypus" viewing area is in a dark hut, in a dark aquarium, and you are not allowed to use flash photography because the platypus has sensitive eyes.
Despite the possible trickery I am beginning to doubt my original theory that the "platypus" is about as real as a jackalope, they may indeed exist, however, I am not completely convinced. At this point it has only been bumped up to Big Foot and Nessie status. This is based on two theories I have(I am heavily leaning towards the second.)
Theory 1:
The "platypus", Big Foot, and good 'ol Nessie are not real, they are merely the product of random gusts of wind, trick photography, wackos and photoshop.
Theory 2:
All three of these creatures are in fact real. However, our perception of them is skewed. We all tend to believe that all of these photos are fake based on the blurriness of the creature. Maybe we should take a different view. I am starting to think that instead of an unsteady hand not being able to focus the camera due to excitement, we have it all wrong. These creatures have one thing in common, their blurriness. Each of these creatures is not mythical, instead they are just a new phenomena of the Animalia kingdom, light bending attributes that create the illusion of blurriness. Only our eyes have only been deceived, we have not in fact been deceived by our fellow Homo sapiens.
I hope to conclusively prove either of my theories before I leave Australia, therefore I must get back to my sleuthing. I hope you are having a wonderful yesterday.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment