Cassi and I had our home on our sleeves on the Fourth (well actually our shirts, but hey we tried.) As we were longing for some American BBQ and fireworks we decided to take matters into our own hands. Cassi's BF(not best friend, that is me, and the correct abbreviation would be BFF-Best Friends Forever, I did not actually get permission from her to call myself that in relation to her so shhhh, don't tell her I don't want to get my feelings hurt when I find out this is not true,) anyways, her boyfriend(for those of you her are not/do not have the mentality of a 14 year old texter,) was supposed to bring us USA t-shirts from Walmart. How much more American could we get, supporting Walmart and the USA (please no-one mention the fact that on the inside of these shirts the likely hood of a tag stating they were made in China, that would ruin the whole purpose of this post so forget I mentioned it.) However, to all of our misfortune, his domestic flight was delayed causing him to miss his flight to Sydney for the 4th...so as they say, "when times are tough the tough get going." Well we didn't exactly get going, it was more like I had a major headache and couldn't sleep so I got crafty, so in this case, "when times are inconvenienced the sleepless get crafty." We had to improvise a little makeshift American spirit, because we wanted to show this country how proud we were. So.....
Cassi painted her nails in honour of the U.S. of A! Red and blue with white stars, go America!
And I handcrafted us American flags from random scraps to pin to our most patriotic coloured clothing. (Take that Walmart, not made in China, this was made by an American.)
And we set out to have a good 'ol fashion American BBQ using the wonderful BBQ my Dad got me for Christmas. (Caution do not stare at food pictures for too long, salivation may occur...too bad I don't have a bell, then I could train you like Pavlov's dogs, and no that is not an insult, merely a science reference.)
We had yummy burgers mmmmmmmmm beef.
We had yummy burgers mmmmmmmmm beef.
We had a wonderful 4th because we have spirit (yes we do! we have spirit how 'bout you?!) This was even in spite of the fact that were were missing our small towns, the summer air and our families, but at least we had each other, oh yeah and yummy food. I hope everyone of yesterday enjoyed their holiday weekend and I look forward to spending the next one with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment