OK folks, well it turns out that it is not just spiders that like me. It is mosquitoes (at one point I had about 10 bites), moths, and grasshoppers. Cassi and I got so fed up with the insect problem that we even assembled our own screens see:
As you can see, the screens are not of professional quality, but all the edges are sealed. Before the screens the downstairs bathroom would by morning be filled with about 30 mosquitoes. Cassi's solution to killing them was to spray roach spray in the bathroom and then shut the door until they all dropped dead on the floor. Since the installation of screens we have significantly improved our mosquito problem and only encounter the occaisional mosquito. So you would assume that if our screens could keep out mosquitoes that they would be able to keep out grasshoppers that are about as long as the average cell phone. Well, apparently they cannot. When I got home from James' house last night there was a huge grasshopper in the upstairs hallway (the size similar to length of cell phone as previously mentioned, on a side note Cassi and I named him Gary the Grasshopper.) Anywhoo I decided I was too tired to care, and since it was not in my room,, and not a spider, it was not a pressing issue. I went to bed and laying there, of course Gary started chirping. Not like a cricket, but just a random clicking noise. I went to go find Gary, but could not, and I was so tired it didn't matter, he clicked/chirped me to sleep. Well this morning still no sign of Gary....well that is until I got in the shower and had my hair all nice and soapy. As I glanced at the shower caddy, there was good ol' Gary sitting on my roommates sponge. So mid-shower I had to detain Gary and let him out of my window.
May I remind you that earlier this year a spider saw it fit to take a shower with me as well. The moral of the story is that insects be it arachnids or not simply love me, and feel it necessary to visit me in the shower.
I hope you are having a pleasant and less insect filled yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment