Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Matrix, In Sydney?!

Well, even though I am sure that most of the living world has seen a little movie called "The Matrix," until the other night I had not. It was partially an academic endeavour due to the fact that in nearly everyone of my classes we talk about this movie, so now I am educated, but I found out something much more interesting...the Matrix was filmed in Sydney.

I did not tell initially from the sights of the city, instead I was tipped off by the walk signal. I will have to show you pictures, I have taken a few, but the green and red men who tell you when to walk across the street are no normal stick figures. These men have a t-shaped body, muscles, and even feet. The sign artists in Australia are much more detail oriented than in the states.

If you watch the movie the matrix a few other things to look for to tell you it is Sydney, the scene with the woman in red, the fountain is right between George Street and Castlereaugh. They walk past a window and you can see the bottom of the Common Wealth Bank logo (my bank.) Well I thought that was pretty cool....maybe the matrix wasn't filmed in Sydney....maybe I am in the matrix....

DUN DUN DUN

No comments:

Post a Comment