Saturday, December 19, 2009

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I am Sure You are Sick of Hearing About Christmas Carols...

....but that is just too darn bad. This one is for good cause. I went to an event called "Carols in the Domain" last night. It was a beautiful free outdoor concert, near the Royal Botanic Gardens. They have an outside stage, and everyone brings blankets, picnic foods, and sits around holding candles and sing along with the carols.

They had an array of amazing performers including:
-The Wiggles
-The cast of Wicked
-One of their Australian Idols
-The McClymonts
-Ronan Keating
-Many different beautiful choirs

It was a great way to get into the Christmas spirit.

There were so many people there, that I was nearly claustrophobic, I don't think I have ever seen that many people gathered at one event. But when you looked out into the sea of flickering red candles, and joyful people singing carols you couldn't help but smile. I tried to take a picture of the sea of people, this only shows about a fifth of the entirety but it might give you an idea:

Well I must get back to doing laundry and singing, "walking in a beachy sandy land."

No comments:

Post a Comment