You know how they say you learn something new every day? Well I learned something new about Australia today, drum roll please.............they have camels. My roommate Cassi said to me the other day, "do they have camels in Australia?" I proceeded to laugh, and she continued to explain that she was watching a travel commercial for Australian travel and she could have sworn in shot of the outback that there was a road sign of camels. I continued to laugh at her and assure her that her eyes must have deceived her, it surely was just a kangaroo sign. So I had this conversation with James today:
Me-"Honey, the next time we see Cassi, you must assure her that there are not camels in Australia."
James-"Yeah, there are camels in Australia."
Me-"No, no there are not"
James-"Yeah, it's a desert not much else can survive there, they are perfect for it."
Me-"No, there can't be camels in Australia...are there really? This is not like you trying to convince me that the possums outside your house was a haunted ghost of a man?"
James-"There are, they are not native, but there are tons."
Well, since James is renowned for constantly pulling my leg, I needed a second opinion....and yes apparently there are camels. If you want to read about it you can see it here:
So there you go, your new and relatively useless fact of the day. They have brought camels to Australia, because they are better suited for the dry climate of the deserts than horses....I hope you find this as mind boggling yesterday as I did today.
No comments:
Post a Comment