Well, as most of you reading this are probably sipping hot chocolate wanting a blanket wrapped around you, and possibly looking outside with the real lyrics to, "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...." running through your head. Things in this hemisphere are a little different. My Dad wrote me the other day and said it had warmed up that it actually got to 30 degrees..well it is 30 degrees here but Celsius not Fahrenheit, which is roughly 80 degrees Fahrenheit (give or take, I am just going by the times two add twenty simplified rule, too lazy to actually look up a conversion, even though I am on a computer with access to the internet and by the time I finish writing this aside I could have had the correct number, but I digress.) The moral of the story is that Christmas carols and, songs, and sayings don't have the same affect, if it is not indeed a cold and/or snowy Christmas. Therefore, I am going to ban myself from singing any Christmas carols that have snow or cold related lyrics, so that eliminates:
-Frosty The Snowman
-Walking in a Winter Wonderland (unless of course substituted for my version)
-Jingle Bells
-I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas
-Chestnuts Roasting
-O' Christmas Tree
-Jingle Bell Rock
-I'll Be Home for Christmas
(That is what I could come up with off the top of my head)
Thankfully, that does not eliminate all carols, I can still sing:
-Rudolph (the only weather mentioned in this song is fog, and it can get foggy here, so that is safe)
-Silent Night
-Little Drummer Boy
-Mele Kalikimaka (thank you Elvis and Hawaii)
But don't worry that does not mean that I have not been trying to get into the Christmas spirit. First James and I put up the tree, that helped a bit. Then in true Lacey fashion I came up with a wacky idea that I am sure James was less than excited about, but was a good enough sport to go along with. Here is the result before I tell you the funny story first:
So, yes, I thought it would be cute to take photos on the beach with these stupid hats. In defense of James' silly elf hat, his head was too big to fit the Santa hats, so he got the elf one. Anyways,I think the picture turned out nice, and for the purpose. However, I knew I was pushing my luck with this idea. I had said, "let's get dressed nice and go down to the beach and take photos with our hats." Then I proceeded to get ready and put on a nice dress. James threw on his board shorts and t-shirt. But I knew I was already pressing my luck.....plus it does look beachy so I did not request for him to change.
I hope everyone is having a nice chilly yesterday. If you get some snow, look at it and sing a snow related carol for me :)
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like hats
ReplyDelete